Contact

Connect with Potted

Potted Instagrams

“That’s So Potted…Terrariums” WEEK TWO

Week Two is here and ready for voting. Remember there are three more weeks you can enter to be eligible to win the $500 shopping spree at Potted and weekly winners will receive one of our own Circle Pots.

Congratulations to Week One winner Timothy L. for his “deadly” terrarium.

And here’s the roundup for Week Two:

1. Stephanie S.

2. Jocelyn P.

3. Dan L.

4. Andrea N.

5. Rose S.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

21 Responses to ““That’s So Potted…Terrariums” WEEK TWO”

1. Ralph Kearns says:

The no.4 is by far the best/

2. Timothy L. says:

I like #3, but I can’t tell is it a big bottle or small? The photo is very well composed. It’s not your entry is it Deandra?

3. Olivia says:

These are all great! I like “Are You My Mother?” I liked that book, and “Is Your Mama A Llama?” when I was a kid. But I think the tiny one stole my heart. It’s so charming, and arranging in that tiny little jar takes craftsmanship. (Timothy L., I think it is tiny, the stuff in the back is for scale, right?)
    Well done all!
    PS Timothy, don’t stir the pot lol!
    PPS Maybe I will enter next week and show all you guys up!

4. annette says:

Yes, please, everyone, as much as I like Desperate Housewives, this blog is intended to focus on design and creativity. Let’s enjoy that and stop trying to get in the last word.

5. Olivia says:

Annette’s right guys.

6. lupe says:

Timothy L. congratulations! I was entry #5 on the previous entry. Dan L. (any relation?) does have a great entry; just curious, you seem to know a lot about terrariums, doesn’t it need soil for the plant to survive. I feel inspired to create more, my daughter’s was the bell jar, she loves doing them too.
    I think # 4 is great and it has a lot of heart! Terra for land, they were created for scientific observation.

7. Tamara says:

I, too, like teeny-tiny number 3 by Dan L.

8. Sylvia says:

I love the Potted Store, this contest is so fun! I looked at Week One, they are all so great! Good job everyone!

9. Timothy L. says:

@Lupe, I loved #5 with the glass percolator. It was my favorite. Are there holes on the bottom of the top level — does the water drip down to water the bottom level? I see that you also have a sand substrate under the soil, that is great for the plants. You might also want to add some active carbon, the kind for aquariums, though that is more important if the terrarium is sealed.

10. Andrea #4 is brilliant. A very large retail display cabinet that might have been thrown out has been converted to a very large and Live Terrarium. Way to go all out!!!! Yours is the best and you deserve the votes!

11. Jordana says:

#1 is awesome!!!!!

12. Timothy L says:

Wow, the votes are sooo close!

13. Diandra says:

Thats right Tim. They are. ;)

14. Olivia says:

Uh-oh!

15. Olivia says:

Touch gloves, and keep it clean!

16. Timothy L. says:

Yes, #4 is pretty amazing, like a little Grecian dream.

17. Heather L. (no relation to Tim) :) says:

#5 is very pretty, but I’m a bit bummed about the plant on the outside…is the one on the inside jealous? Is the outside plant taunting the inside one? Maybe a terrarium within a terrarium would have worked better to achieve the goal of a true terrarium. Very awesome effort though – very pleasing to the eye – the color contrast is great.

18. Marilyn P says:

I like number 5. Has a whimsical touch!

19. Timothy L says:

Wow, this is totally fun! And such a close race too!

20. Olivia says:

Heather L,
    The Freudian analysis of terrarium plants is an under-represented science. Thanks for bringing it into the dialogue.
    My personal guess is that, yes, the outside one is taunting the other, but the inside plant refuses to acknowledge the other’s pathetic plea for attention.
    The bird, meanwhile, wants no part in said shenanigans.

21. Dan Leiner says:

Wow, I won! Thank you everyone. There are some beautiful terrariums posted here. I have a few terrariums, but I submitted this one because I like its simplicity and small size. As to a couple of the comments I read about size and soil, the jar is actually fairly small – about 4 or 5 inches tall and has an outside diameter of about 2 inches. This one is my “nano” terrarium. I didn’t want to photograph it with an ugly ruler, so I added a vase in the background for a bit of scale, though without knowing the size of the vase, I can see how figuring out its size might be difficult. I did not use any soil in this terrarium, just the ground glass. Because I planted a succulent which does not need much water, I just add a few drops of water as needed and it seems fine after 3 months. If I remember correctly, I believe I purchased the aqua blue ground glass from Potted!